Mashed Curry Cauliflower
Whenever we want mashed potatoes, we think about substituting curried cauliflower. It has the volume, look, and taste without the added fat that people can’t resist. An ideal side dish for our Turkey Meatloaf. Serves 4.
- 1 medium cauliflower, about 6-inch diameter
- 1 tablespoon cream cheese, fat-free
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- Cut cauliflower into small pieces.
- In a steamer basket, cook cauliflower over boiling water until a knife easily pierces the stems, about 10 minutes. Drain well.
- Place hot cooked cauliflower and remaining ingredients in a food processor and process to the texture of mashed potatoes. Serve warm.
THE SEASONED COOK You can use this basic dressing over other vegetable combinations, too. The microwave process cuts down on the oven roasting time and keeps the vegetables moist. Cauliflower is rich in vitamin C, beta carotene, and folic acid.