Herbaceous Garbanzo Bean and Tomato Salad
This is a stand out salad with the generous amount of mixed fresh herbs and the light dressing that enhances the beans and tomatoes.
- 1 cup mixed fresh herbs like basil, mint, cilantro, finely chopped
- 2 cups garbanzo beans (chick peas), rinsed and drained
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 6 black olives, pitted and sliced lengthwise
- 3 scallions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon honey
- Place all the ingredients in a salad bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Make the dressing in a small glass jar and shake.
- Pour dressing on salad, toss and serve.
The Seasoned Cook You’ll love the brightness in flavors and versatility of this dish. It can stand alone or be served casually with canned fish or grilled lean protein.