Dreamy Carrot Soufflé
Light and creamy, and soooo easy! With this carrot soufflé there’s no fuss, just lots of flavor – making this festive side dish perfect for your holiday table. Serves 12.
- Non-stick pan spray
- 2 pounds carrots, boiled until soft
- 1 large egg
- 3 large egg whites
- ¼ cup brown sugar packed
- 6 tablespoons matzo meal or bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons heart-healthy margarine, melted
- ¾ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray 2-quart soufflé or casserole dish with non-stick pan spray.
- In food processor, puree carrots until smooth. Add all other ingredients except for nuts and process until smooth.
- Sprinkle nuts across top and bake for 50-60 minutes or until soufflé is puffed and set in the middle.
THE SEASONED COOK Sweet potato or yams can be switched in for the carrots or used in a combo to add additional flavor and texture. Simply substitute 2 pounds of sweet potatoes for the carrots.