Dilled Cucumbers with Yogurt Dressing
What do you do with all those cucumbers in your garden? Here’s a refreshing salad that goes well with cold and hot dishes alike. One 8-inch cucumber has 12% of the daily minimum recommended amount of fiber. Serves 4.
- 2 cucumbers, unpeeled, sliced thin
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- ½ teaspoon salt, optional
- 1 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
- 4 green onions, light green parts only, finely chopped
- Place cucumber slices in a bowl and add pepper and vinegar. Gently stir to coat cucumbers and marinate for 15 minutes while you prepare the dressing.
- For dressing, stir together the yogurt, dill, and green onions.
- Drain cucumbers, then add to dressing and stir to blend. Garnish with dill.