Cinnamon Oatmeal Breakfast Bars
This oatmeal breakfast sticks to your ribs for hours and makes a great breakfast on the go as well as a snack for later in the day. Cover with foil and they’ll keep all week long! Serve with yogurt and fruit. Makes one dozen.
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup raisins
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- ½ cup nonfat yogurt
- ½ cup nonfat milk
- 2 tablespoons honey
- ½ cup apple sauce
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ cup canola oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°. Combine first three ingredients and 1½ teaspoons cinnamon in a large bowl.
- In another bowl, mix together next 7 ingredients until well combined.
- Add liquid to dry ingredients and stir thoroughly.
- Pour this mixture into a lightly oiled 8" square baking dish. Sprinkle top with brown sugar and remaining ½ teaspoon cinnamon. Bake for 30-35 minutes. A toothpick inserted in the middle should come out clean. Allow to cool for 15-20 minutes before cutting into squares.